Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well Traveled

So, this has been the year of travelling!! That is an understatement!!!!!! In April, we went to Tempe Arizona for "Arizona Ironman"...Then we went to the hill country.... To Escondida....the Texas Country Reporters Hacienda.... it was beautiful there.... then on to Fredericksburg..... then to Dallas for a Triathlon...... then back to Fredericksburg for family vacation with the kiddos....and to Dallas two more times..... somewhere in there, I went to Ocala, Florida with Randy on a business trip!!! Whew... I am tired of travelling. It has been alot of fun!! I think I have seen every "mall" from here to there..... Taylor and Nickolas have benefitted from these excursions..... they are dressing mighty fine these days.... gone are the days when I bring my two daughters anything...ahhhhhh..... well sometimes I sneak them something in!!

In the mean time... Randy surprised me with a new computer....imac.... what a surprise..... it was for my birthday! I am still trying to learn how to use it. I hear it is "stupid" proof... we will see. I am having alot of fun making slideshows of the family and adding music from itunes.... wasn't long ago that I did not have a clue what that meant!!!.. This is actually the first bit of technology that my neice, Kimber, was truly "jealous" of........ you know I usually run about 7 years behind the new stuff!!! Hopefully, I can get back to writing again!!

Well, the grandsons are growing like weeds ( and believe me, I know what weeds are because I used to have to hoe them!). Taylor just celebrated his first birthday. I could not believe it. His mommy and daddy had a BIG party for him at their home. We had alot of fun. Randy...aka...Grandpa.... and I gave Mr. T a Radio Flyer tricycle.... no, not just any one would do..... I searched and searched until I could find an "all~metal" one. No plastic for our boy..... and now I have to get another one and put it up for Nickle~pickle!!! I figure the tricycles need to be durable..as we know how tough boys can be!!

The family has grown. Amanda and Matt added a one year old weimerwaner (sp) dog. His name is Bauer. He is a beautiful dog.... however, Baxter has had a bit of trouble adjusting to his new "brother". Baxter and Bauer had a "rowl" the other day. I think Baxter finally figured out that Bauer is about 10 times his size.... needless to say..... I think Baxter has a healthy respect for Bauer now. Bella just goes along with "whatever".

Ash and Jeffrey added a pure black great dane to their little brown dog family...... his name is Raider. The breeder just gave him away because the dogs mother picked him up by the head and damaged one of his eyes and she could not afford to have it surgically removed. Well... Ash and Jeff felt sorry for it...... Raider has done pretty well... but one day.... the eye grew....and grew....and grew....it looked like they put a ping~pong ball in his socket..... so...on to Dr. Jury, the vet. He took wonderful care of Raider.....infection gone.....eyeball gone.....stitched up socket....maybe they should have called him lucky!!!! Now if you remember from previous readings... they already have Bo, a yellow lab, Tabbitha, part pom and "chee~wa~wa", and Roofus Jones, little tan stray dog. Poor Roofus.... he has had the most trouble adjusting..... but today, Ash told me that she thinks that Roofus Jones is alright with Raider because when she let them out this morning.... Roofus, wagging his tail was following right behind Raider smelling Raiders "butt"!!!!!! I guess thats love.

Well... I am sure I will have more tomorrow.... I need to tell you about the "Get Fit" program that the family is doing. And, if I can figure how to add photos to this blog thingy....I will..... goodnight....Shari

No comments:

Ironman

Ironman
April 2006